What 35mm SLR's allow double exposures?

I like SLR's because of how close you can get to the subject and you don't have to worry about things like

parallax. But lately, I've been experimenting with double exposures. I have several cameras that don't have

double exposure prevention, like my Argus C3 and my TLR's. But can anyone recommend some 35mm SLR's that will

let you take double exposures?

A vintage camera that I might be able to get on eBay for fairly cheap would be a help too, of course ;)

<p>All of the Pentax screwmount cameras, including the Spotmatic, allow double exposures by pressing the rewind release button while cocking the shutter.</p>

<p>I believe that the M-series cameras, such as the ME, MX, ME Super, etc. also allow this.</p>

<p>I'm not sure about the K-series (K2, KX, K-1000), but I think that they will, too.</p>

<p>In fact, almost any manual wind 35mm SLR that has a rewind release button, should be able to do double exposures.</p>

<p>Paul Noble</p>

Well I have a Minolta SR-1 and SRT-101, and they're both completely manual. But the only way to cock the shutter is with the film advance lever. The rewind release button only disengages the film sprocket, not the takeup spool. So as far as I can tell (unless I'm doing something wrong), there is no way to do double exposures with either of them :(

<p>I believe that, even with the Minolta SRT series cameras, you can get double exposures. The secret is to first turn the rewind knob to take up the slack, so that the film is tight. Then, while holding the rewind knob stationary, push the rewind button and hold it while winding to cock the shutter. The takeup spool will try to pull the film forward, but you'll be holding it back using the rewind knob.</p>

<p>This technique won't always give perfect registration, but it will allow double exposures in almost any mechanical SLR. At least, I've never found a 35mm SLR for which it didn't work, though some cameras have better ways of getting perfect registration.</p>

<p>You may have to shoot a "dark frame" (leave the lens cap on and shoot at 1/1000 @ f/16 or something like that), after the double exposure, because sometimes the subsequent wind will only advance the film half a frame after pushing the rewind button.</p>

<p>Funny you should mention this. See my post today on the Canon EOS 620 AF camera which allows up to 9 sequential exposures (<a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00Vv2v?unified_p=1">link</a> ).</p>

<p>It's very cheap on eBay, dates to 1987, but I have bought two of them (one for my daughter) and both work just fine without a hitch. AF is a little pokier than today's cameras, but at the time, it was one of the best available and still works fine except maybe for sports?</p>

<p>If you object to AF, there is an "off" switch on the lens. ;)</p>

<p>A sort of imprecise double exposure is possible on many cameras by hitting the rewind release and then winding on the shutter, but not the film. Exact register may be difficult, however.</p>

<p>Canon T-90 will allow up to 9 perfectly registered exposures with a count down indicator in the viewfinder and exposure compensation as you shoot.<br>

But then its the most advanced 35mm manual focus SLR camera to be sold. You should try the spot meter that will allow up to 9 seperate reading to be averaged any way you want.<br>

But it's really not a camera that fits this forum.</p>

<p>The Nikon F and F2 handle multiple exposures easily. Just twist the A-R knob (the advance/rewind knob surrounds the shutter release button) to the rewind position after advancing the film, take as many images as you like, and return the knob to the advance position.</p>