What 35mm film will help me achieve these colors?

Discussion in 'Film and Processing' started by kobe_wagstaff, Feb 5, 2017.

1. [​IMG]Hi everyone! I really love the colors and shadows that are in the link below. I have been trying to figure out what film this photographer is shooting on. I know it is 35mm for sure. I was thinking maybe kodak portra 400 or kodak portra 160 but some of these photos are too grainy and the shadows are more of a desaturated red or green while the portra's shadows are a blue. I was thinking maybe kodak colorplus 200? Would love to get your input. [​IMG]
    LINK:
    [​IMG][​IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k4a5w5gvfxr6edx/AAC5WV12HtRmPQwGco0M3ae8a?dl=0[​IMG]

2. Hard to tell, but what we see is a mix of film, exposure, development, digitizing and probably digital altering. As far as I'm concerned the film type is not the most important in this eqyuation.

3. Sure looks like Portra to me. The grainy ones are probably underexposed.

4. I have heard of systems to give digital images the coloring of Kodachrome.
    The imperfections of sensitizing dyes and of image dyes, affects the colors that you see in the result. But so do the filters used in cameras and display devices.
    The orange mask used in most color negative systems reduces some of the effects of dye imperfections.