Weekly Post-Processing Challenge - May 10, 2015

<p>I had the same idea as Daniel as far as a "stop that man from drinking Coca Cola" theme, but wanted to accentuate the red colors of both the Coke can and the stop sign, while toning down other red colors. Also, I wanted to include the man in the background as a subtle reminder. Then I noticed the irony of the sign, "Bike Races Specials- hot dogs and nachos", which I wanted to accentuate. I decided that that was sufficient, although one could then easily head into National Enquirer editing territory.</p><div>00dHYm-556704284.jpg.267186224483550b56b581454b1e9a8c.jpg</div>

<p>In PSE11, I cropped a bit on the right side, then adjusted levels. Then, I used Silver Efex to convert to B&W, and then adjusted structure. My last step was to use Color Efex to add darker contrasts, and to concentrate luminosity on the subject's face.</p><div>00dHZi-556706284.jpg.cca9b8d94f59e338c1f95868506993f6.jpg</div>

<p>I went for the bright colors. Kicked up saturation and vibrance in Lightroom and moved to PS5 and duped layer, changed to B&W with layer mask to reveal colors. Duplicated that layer and changed layer style linear light</p>

<p>Yes, I have an image I'd like to see what others would do with it.</p>

<p>Do I start the thead? Sorry for late reply, keep forgetting that this forum requires a "Confirm" not visible without scrolling down.</p>