Weekly Post Processing Challenge 21st April 2018

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by Gerald Cafferty, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Another weekly challenge.

If anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate by Wednesday next in this thread if you are willing to try.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun.

PPC_21stApril2018-Source.jpg

2. A rather challenging image, GC, because of the ambient 1506716_d4ed8ff76b943522318c3a3e56fc46bb.jpg lighting. In PSE15, I cloned out the vegetation in the bottom right corner, and then adjusted the tonalities using levels. In Color Efex, I increased the blues and green slightly using curves. Then, in PSE, I used the sponge tool to increase saturation levels selectively, and also the dodging tool slightly to brighten areas of midtones which I felt still were too dark.

luis triguez and Gerald Cafferty like this.
  3. My usual edits in LR...highlights, shadows, and a slight crop. Then NIK for Detail Extractor and Tonal Contrast 1506716_d4ed8ff76b943522318c3a3e56fc46bb.jpg

4. Basics in LR. Into Silver Efex for mono, control points to lighten whites on Lighthouse. added tint.
    PPC_21stApril2018-FinalEdit.jpg
    I'm getting a bit bored with seeing just my photo's as the source images. Could some others please have a go, or maybe it is time to give it a rest.........................GC.

michaellinder likes this.
  5. GC, I am willing to help. I'll post the challenge image for next week, and then I'll see how it goes. - - mhl

Gerald Cafferty likes this.
  6. No time for fun :( due to house renovations which have me in a state of total chaos. Keep up the good editing, guys!
    Tom

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  7. 1506716_d4ed8ff76b943522318c3a3e56fc46bb.jpg

Rather than stick to one or two filters in NIK ColorEfex, I added six, including, warmth, Indian summer, tonal contrast, graduated ND, detail extractor, and finally, Polaroid transfer.

I can contribute a ppc image in two weeks.

8. Michael and Glenn thank you for stepping into the fray, I look forward to seeing your contributions.

9. In Lightroom used a Selenium tone preset, gradient -exposure foreground, dehaze overall+50, Shadows +36, highlights +20, clarity +31, Adjustment brush on lighthouse and buildings.+ Exposure.
    Digdark april .jpg

Gerald Cafferty likes this.