Water effect / Fashion Portrait Photography

laure_bee

<p>Hi all! Am trying to achieve this wet/dripping water effect for a shoot. The water in this reference pic looks thick (texture) and shiny (light); any tips on how to achieve this look?<br />Thanks everyone!<br /><br /><p><i>Image removed. Per the photo.net Terms of Use, do not post a photo you did not take. Please use a link to the photo in question.</i></p>

<p>Laure, try drag-and-drop your sample picture into the Google Image Search page linked below, or you can upload it by clicking on the little camera in the search box. <br>

<a href="https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&ei=ntX0VNqCHcjSaOaxgagD&ved=0CAMQqi4oAg">https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&ei=ntX0VNqCHcjSaOaxgagD&ved=0CAMQqi4oAg</a></p>

<p>Pick the image from the search result if it shows up and post the link here so we can see it. </p>

<p>Alternatively, you can upload the picture to a hosting site (or your Facebook page) and link it here. </p>

<p>The light patterns are not just because of the wet surface, those are projections, probably on a reflector/screen off left.</p>

<p>I agree that it's probably glycerin. You can get that at cake decorating and hobby supply shops as well as on-line at special effects suppliers.</p>

<p>Thanks Lex, I've seen the Blake Little shoot a few days ago as well, loved it!<br />I imagine glycerin is safe on the eyes (honey must be as well), you'd want that if you are pouring it on someone's face for the shot.<br>

Thanks Charles, didn't think of projections on a fleccy, that's a great idea! Will look into that.<br />It would be really interesting getting different projections happening actually, and try different patterns appearing in the highlights.<br />Then agin, in the reference image, maybe that's a post-effect...<br />Love doing things in-camera though, so would be keen to test it out!</p>