Walzing

rogerwb

<p>As promised here are some pics from the Walz Wide that I posted pics of a few days ago.<br>

We just had a 60 degree day in Maine in January! It was over quickly but I grabbed the Walz and my last roll of drugstore Fuji 200 and set forth. The meter is a little off, or more likely my mental gymnastics using a meter calibrated in the modern system of 1/30, 1/60 etc and a camera that reads 1/25, 1/50 etc. so all were a little overexposed. I obviously need a lens shade and it has been ordered. Negs scanned @1200 on an Epson V500.</p><div>00bFIm-514325584.jpg.b57437e925008cab696b58ae87ac082c.jpg</div>

I think the exposures are spot on. I too enjoyed the Sea Captains house. You wonder if they erver enjoyed their houses... always at sea nad all. Also impressed with the Mill and the river shot! I can imagine when this was the source for the mill. It (the river) still serves a similar function. Well done! I always understimate what a hood can do for an exposure that'S why all my shots basically suffer! Good luck with yours.

<p>As other posters have noted above, there were a number of this type of camera available only for a limited period. For awhile, it was the only option for a 35mm lens camera other than clunky slrs with no instant return mirror, knob wind and manual diphragms, or investment in a Leica, Contax, Canon or Nikon RF camera, all very pricey. Nikon changed all that in '59 with the F. It too, was pricey but soon there were affordable slr's with more user friendly features. The fixed 35mm lens then disappeared until the advent of the full auto P&S, most with so-so lenses at that.<br>

It is well built and has handling qualities close to my M's. I'm already in love with it and it is destined to be my go- everywhere camera.</p>