W/NW Pic-O'-The-Week #40

Allen Herbert, that is beautiful, but at the same time, disturbing - tell me about it. Allancobb - bravo. Stric1975, tell me about this. And Uhooru, what to say, just brilliant; so sparkling, so vibrant.

So my shots from my today's AGM bowling club meeting. It was the first AGM I've been to, and a real eye opener into rural Oz: motions passed or failed without a vote. The President would have said less than 12 words. But the bigger disclosure was that our club's accountants (for which the club pays $2000/month) discovered in January this year that someone had been 'tinkering the till', to the sound of $16K. Though they did nothing about it for a few months. It was a hoot.

These are the bowlers. Like many institutions - the old civil society of the 20th C, we are old white anglo saxon men. More so, rural Oz. We've never, like most colonisers, really accommodated the reality of walking on stolen ground.

1840923325_bowlingclub1.thumb.jpg.b7696ae739ffdcf4fcf562a7470ad326.jpg

The President of the club. I cannot say anything about the 'asportation' of $16k, and who was responsible.

541570812_bowlingclub2.thumb.jpg.4f31d00f08361614f31150988803d852.jpg

One of the punters

1811965753_bowlingclub3.thumb.jpg.f0ca4b9f6085ebf106bc394bacdaf80a.jpg

Another patron

631352671_bowlingclub4.thumb.jpg.88a2e183b644d61da975776a23f652c0.jpg

All with my monochrom and go to 75mm lens. Regards, Arthur

• Like 5

I must say, something my grandfather said to me (I was pretty much raised by my grandparents): 'Is not life the strangest thing you've ever seen. Clotted milk masquerades as cream. Lupus presents as hives'. I dissemble. My apologies. I did buy that voigtlander lens, and will see how it goes. Look forward to the forthcoming shots. Arthur (apiarist1)

Bill Bowes, I am constantly impressed with your ability to capture such detail and tonal range with the Fed's and Jupiters (though, I must confess a liking to the Jupiter's designs; when you get a good example. Lenin's attempt to prop up the Ukrainian wheatfields by giving a weekly dose/quota of vodka to the workers had its both positives and negatives. These days, the Murdoch media serves pretty much the same function for us). Bravo.

Thats good henricvs. I may quibble about the 'rule of thirds'. But that's good. And rules were meant to be used, not slavishly obeyed. Bravo. Arthur (apiarist1).

Thank you. As for the rule of thirds, I followed it. This is one of those images when the oof background is the subject. Everything is backwards in this composition. The blurred contemplative male in the background and the offset juxtaposition to the focused subject was intentional as was the back of the focused subject. I felt the subject was indifferent and that contemplative man was ignored. I only wish I had a bit more light. Thanks again for the kind words and input.