W/NW 2021 Pic-O'-The-Week #25

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by allancobb, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Welcome to Week 25 of the Leica and Rangefinders W/NW Thread. Here is the Taiya Inlet south of Skagway, Alaska.

[​IMG]

Leica M8
    15mm f/4.5 Voigtlander Super-Wide Heliar (with some cropping).

2. Leica M6, Tele-Elmar 135mm F4, Fuji Acros 100

phUntitled (14) copy copy.jpg

3. shoeshine waiting for customers
    0009L&R Contraluz Limpiabotas Esperando-LeicaC.jpg

young people
    0016L&R Ocho Niños Benjamines Cogidos Mano Fila-LeicaC.jpg

not so young people
    0002L&R Sillas de Ruedas Cruzando Semáforo-LeicaC.jpg
    the three with Leica C

4. Luis, your image of the children hand in hand is perfect. Just a wonderful shot.

5. So my shots, quite prosaic. While shopping found a corvette, and its owners:

This is the car - still left hand drive:

car-1.jpg

These are the owners, Regards, Arthur. Monochrom with my go to 75mm cosina lens for the b&w shot, and M26 something with a cosina 35mm lens for the colour. Keep safe. .

car.jpg

6. off the rails
    9-rails-Canon-wUSSR-lenses-130921-26-Canon-50-1,8.jpg
    Canon VL2, Canon 50mm f/1.8

7. Missouri Botanical Gardens last week. M262 and 35mm f1.4 Summilux-M FLE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  9. Hello Bill
    Great photo, which mine is that, I live in Nevada City CA and there is the Empire Mine down the road from me, along with a bunch of others up here in gold country.
    Don

10. Hello Arthur,
    While I sometimes feel your portraits of people are under exposed I think the photo of the owners of the Vette is perfect and a great shot.
    Don

11. What's the camera in the foreground of the first shot, Georg? The second shot is cutting sharp. Bravo. Regards, Arthur

12. Yes, good point. I keep the monochrom underexposed - it can't deal with highlights - there you go. Regards, Arthur

13. It was a mine in the Sacramento area. I took this picture many years ago, so I can't remember exactly where.

Donald Harpold likes this.
  14. It's a Busch Pressman D with Xenar 135/4.7 - but the shots with it (against the light) turned out not very well.
    Thanks!

15. "Yes, good point. I keep the monochrom underexposed - it can't deal with highlights - there you go. Regards, Arthur"

Digital or film they all struggle with blown highlights and blocked shadows. So, what, it is all about the content; what else really matters.

16. Leica Vario lens designed by the Leica chief engineer.

The lens to match any Leica M lens at any focal length....hey, do the research..

So, a photo from the bad boy....

Leicwa Vario15555.jpg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  17. And another for your perusal

L7510143.jpg