Used Camera Gear In Los Angeles

<p>Anyone in the Los Angeles area. I have been told that there are a few places that you can go to find really good deals on used camera gear if you know what you are looking for and or looking at. From what I know mainy of the people that frequent these places are small used camea retailers. Has anyone heard of or know were any of these places are?</p>

<p>"and many many more..."<br /><br />Last time I was at a couple of those places there was vey little or no used equipment to be found. The used equipment market at brick-and-mortar stores has been dreadful for the last decade or so. Remember all of the used stuff at Reseda Cameras... or that used camera shop that once was on Reseda Blvd just east of Reseda... or Sherman Oaks Camera? And FRANK'S... what a memory! Ahh... the "good old days."<br /><br />The Burbank camera show... I forgot all about that! (Oops, I just checked the link... it is now the Pasadena camera show... I guess I haven't beento it in a while!)<br /><br />But since you are a "Valley Boy" by the sounds of it maybe you can remember the name... what is the place on Balboa near Nordhoff (southeast corner)... they had a display of used equipment that I think was for sale. Maybe it is called Camerabug?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Yes, LA is a wasteland when it comes to decent used gear.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That's sounds about right. Even postings in the area's craigslist tend to be sparse and asking prices unlrealistic.</p>

<p>I'll add one more local shop. There's Bel Aire Camera in Westwood. The selection of used gear is quite limited, but at least they still carry darkroom supplies.</p>