US Navy photography training course - PDF file

<p><a href="http://www.scribd.com/doc/13742891/navy-training-course-photography-advanced">http://www.scribd.com/doc/13742891/navy-training-course-photography-advanced</a></p>

<p>It's an advanced training course but the first chapter on Photojournalism is worth the read by all photographers. The document is approved for unlimited public release and distributon.</p>

<p>U. S. Navy photographic training was always excellent. The training was so good in the Pensacolor, FL days that they had to break it up into severa sections in order that the Photographers Mates had to re-enlist to get some of the additional training. Their Aerial Photography training was the best in the world. Many of the great post WWII photographers were trained by the USN in Pensacola.</p>

<p>Some years ago they shut down the Navy program and created the "Armed Forces" photography program, I'm told that it was very good but only a FOOL would move such a program to Maryland where several months of the year you can't photograph outdoors.</p>

<p>I was a Navy Hospital Corpsman "Medical Photographer" in which you had to be at least a second class petty officer (HM2) with 4 years of medical experience and after graduation 4 years left to serve (yes I did that). The US Navy Medical Photography School was the first in the world going back to at least 1936 in the old Washington Navy Hospital, although since the National Naval Medical Center, Bethsda, MD it has been there, I graduated from that program in Jan 1955.</p>

<p>As most of you know, I train photographers at Austin CC and have used Navy photo training courses as reference material for decades.</p>

<p>Lynn</p>