Upper Canada Village

Discussion in 'Minox' started by mtc photography, Sep 11, 2006.

1. At Upper Canada Village
    Minox C, Kodak Technical Pan.
    00I0bA-32329084.JPG

2. hi martin,nice pic,subject is very well put into frame(but then I like steam engines)...let me guess:developed in Rodinal Special?

regards

3. Hi iulian

The Technical Pan film was developed in 0.5ml of Rodinal in 100ml
    of distilled water with 2% sodium sulfite.
    The grain is still coarse compare with results from Rodinal Special.

I put out an order to buy two bottles of Rodinal Special from
    Germany, but still waiting for their reply

martin

4. Minox C Kodak Technical Pan 1+200 distilled water with 2% sodium sulfite anhydrous 15 minutes 20 degree C
    00I1n4-32355384.JPG

5. same as above
    00I1nA-32355484.JPG

6. martin,impressive as always...like them all,but "old carriage" is excellent!Is this taken at the available light or did you used a flash unit?Some shadows look like you using a minox 8x11 flash(the EC type).Anyway,great use of techpan and a minox camera...congratulations! regards
    00I2gs-32376784.jpg

7. different film,same developer
    00I2hQ-32377084.jpg

8. iulian

"Old carriage" was taken with Minox C, available light, no flash.

I like your Santorini picture taken with APX25 developed with Rodinal.

I visited Santorini a few years ago, love that resort.

9. Stockholm, Sergels Torg.

[​IMG]
    Riga Minox, Minopan 100

10. svante,darn good pic you have there,considering it's a Riga involved!Congratulations indeed!Is this a negative scan,or print scan?If a neg scan,what scanner?Results are very pleasing!

regards

11. Thank you very much for your kind comments Iulian.

This is a negative scan from a Minolta DSE5400 at maximum resolution scaled down from a width of 2400 pixels to 800. I use a homemade insert in the film slider when I scan 8x11mm.

I have, as I always do also with 135 film, applied Neat Image with a calibrated profile. I have also applied a slight amount of unsharp mask in Photoshop. The end result is very similar to, but somewhat less grainy than, the print that Miniatyrfilm made for me.

Best regards

Svante