Upgrade from LR 5.6 to LR 6 or LR CC

I have been using Lightroom for about 5 years and currently use version 5.6. What are the significant feature upgrades in

Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC that would entice someone to upgrade? Are there any lingering bugs or performance issues

related to Lightroom 6. I currently use a 5+ year old Windows 7 machine with 12GB of RAM and don't plan on any update in

the near term. Are the additional feature in Lightroom CC worth the $10 a month cost vs a one-time upgrade charge from

version 5 to 6?

<p>I was in the same boat as you and upgraded to LR6 primarily because I'm thinking Adobe may only offer the Creative Cloud monthly subscription version at some point in the near future. That model seems to be gaining favor. I'm just an enthusiast photographer and shoot just for me. I use Lighroom only 2-3 times/month. So the one time upgrade price has already paid for itself in the savings over the monthly subscription. Adobe's webpage will tell you all the features that LR6 & LRCC has over LR5. To me getting a built in image stitching (Photo Merge) and HDR capability are nice new features. New lens and camera RAW convertor profiles are being added as new lenses and bodies come out. Not sure if LR5 will take them. Probably will but require a little effort on your part to find and install. LR6 also has a facial recognition feature, but I don't use it as I shoot nature.</p>

<p>Check out this page: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html</p>

<p>For $10 a month, you don't just get Lightroom CC. You also get Photoshop CC and other toys/tools.</p>

<p>This is the direction Adobe seems to be pushing everyone. I finally bit the bullet when I realized how much easier it would be to be able to view and edit anything I shoot from any device I own ... not just the desktop computer at home where Lightroom 6 is installed as a standalone program.</p>

<p>I've had the Adobe "photographer" plan for a few weeks now and it seems to be working fine. I haven't done anything dramatic yet, but Lightroom CC appears to operate just like Lightroom 6.</p>

David H