Ultimate GAS

Mary Doo

Way back in 1972, I bought my very first SLR as a teenager. I think even back then, the cameras in this video were already a decade to two decades old. Apparently this guy (David Chan) is extremely interested in collecting and playing with old cameras but not photography. My preferences are somewhat different.
  • Like 1

Way back in 1972, I bought my very first SLR as a teenager. I think even back then, the cameras in this video were already a decade to two decades old. Apparently this guy (David Chan) is extremely interested in collecting and playing with old cameras but not photography. My preferences are somewhat different.

He is worried for the future of this collection because his children are not interested in vintage cameras at all. Think he should will the collection to a camera museum. Don't know if there is one though.

Edited by Mary Doo

Terry Shuchat, the owner of the former camera store Keeble and Shuchat in Palo Alto, California, has a huge collection of old (and new) Leica cameras. It used to be on display on the 2nd floor of that store: An Amazing Leica Collection

I have seen that display numerous times but never paid much attention to it, although I myself have an old Leica CL and a couple of lenses bought in 1974. Sadly, Keeble and Shuchat went out of business in 2016. Not sure where that collection is now.

These collections are best for some museum. Nikon have their own in Tokyo: Nikon | Corporate Information | Nikon Museum