Tri-x 400 in a CPE2Plus, what do you recommend?

fino

Fintan-

I develop Tri-X (new emulsion) in Xtol (working strength) at 68F for the recommended time. I like "punchy" negatives that don't need much contrast filtration when printed and I find that this combination works well and I don't lose the detail in the negs. One thing I found, however, is that the new emulsion seems to take a really long time to fix. It just might be the way that I am doing things, but I found the fix time to rid the negs of the purple tint is about 6 minutes in rapid fix.

I cannotspeak to just how "punchy" as I don't have much with which to compare them. I originally started developing in the Jobo, I took the requisite 10% off of the development time. It wasn't until i started printing on my own that i realized that they were good, but wouldn't give me the look I was going for. I like darker prints with more contrast. I guess the best answer that I can give is that they are contrasty, but not overly so. I have very little difficulty in printing them. Occasionally I need to dodge a little bit, but the detail is there.