Translucent material for covering a window?

josh_e

<p>I'm looking for a translucent material to cover a window. I want it for privacy as the window faces the street. But at the same time I want it to look good when shooting a model against the window (so it better not to reflect flash light much). Wax paper is the cheapest translucent material but doesn't look good and also comes in short widths. Any suggestions?</p>

<p>maybe something like a Rosco 30xx series diffusion material? They have a dozen or so different flavors and widths up to 48" I think.</p>

<p>At one point, I was in Home Depot or Lowes or something and they had moisture adhesive fake Japanese Kozo and a variety of other materials that weren't just 'plain'</p>

<p>You can purchase sheets of translucent plexiglass. A search on Amazon will give you some vendors. </p>

<p>I bought a sheet of 1/4" with 55% transmittance and the stuff is great for preflashing film. If I had a window to cover, I would get 1/8" or even thinner. Shipping will cost as much as the material! (The material is not expensive when purchased from a specialty dealer - pricey when purchased from a big box store).</p>

<p><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/688204-REG/LEE_Filters_216R_Full_White_Diffusion_Filter.html">Lee 216</a> full-white diffusion is a popular 1.5-stop diffusion material, and is among the densest of the Lee diffusion materials. It has a fairly matte finish. It comes in 48" x 25' rolls which sell for $130 each. Apply with Windex or a mild soap and water solution. <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=10688206&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi&Top+Nav-Search=">Lee 250</a> is about half the density of 216.</p>

• 2 weeks later...