To Zebra or Not to Zebra?

Recently I purchased a Panasonic G9 which I really like so far...my question is there is a function called Zebra which shows diagonal lines in the viewfinder where highlights are overblown. I find them a little distracting. Was just wondering if others like Zebra or do you shut it off?

GR

My Olympus EM-5 shows red for overexposure and blue for underexposure. I find these indicators highly useful in the field, and don't usually find them a distraction. Don't have zebras so I can't speak for distractions of that visual, but to the usefulness of seeing exposure clipping indication before taking the image, and using them to set exposure compensation.
  • Like 1

Zebra is normally set to engage at 75% luminance, which is appropriate for flesh tones. It is a quick way to adjust the exposure for video, so that part, but not all of the face has zebra stripes. Video is more susceptible to overblown highlights than stills. Zebra may be distracting, but anything is preferable to blown facial highlights.

The zebra level is always adjustable and used in real time, whereas the red/white/yellow option are set at a much higher level, used in conjunction with histograms for analysis.

• Like 1