Tiffen / Domke discontinues the PhoTOGS vest.

DB_Gallery

<p>If this belongs in another section, by all means...<br /> OK, I know not everyone thinks the fly fisherman style photo vest is a thing of fashion beauty, but they do serve their purpose and have for decades. I bought an khaki XL a few years back for use in Winter and vowed to get a slimmer fitting large for the warmer seasons. I use them for specific events and love them for landscape shooting since I have all kinds of filters, step up rings, film holders and film backs with me.<br /> <br /> So I decided it was time to get the large khaki before it is too late. I went to order one from B&H and it said discontinued. I immediately wrote Tiffen's tech support and got back this response:<br /> <br /> "Yes the vests are being suspended until further notice"<br /> <br /> I found one elsewhere and will take good care of it, they fit great and the pocket layout is amazing. I suspect once existing stock is depleted, they are done. Maybe they will bring it back but for now, RIP the Domke Photo Vest.</p>

<p>Well, other pursuits can have even funkier apparel. One only consider the superhero costumes of bicyclists! Or how about the clown clothing donned by golfers?</p>

<p>I think these vests are great for hikes, but they can get a bit hot. I used to wear one all the time when I waded around in swamps with all imaginable sound equipment, recording and studying frogs at night.</p>

<p>I can't see these things disappearing. Somebody will pick up the slack. Think Tank? Lowepro? Meanwhile, you can buy essentially the same thing on Ebay -- all makes and styles.</p>

For sure, there is already a good amount of stuff out there but these vests in particular felt better to wear and the pocket layout is

simply superb. I love the back pockets for 4x5 film holders.

Since they did not make a formal announcement, I thought I would share the news...