Thanks Josh! Welcome Cara!

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by javkin, Feb 16, 2013.

1. I just received the photo.net newsletter, which said that Josh will be leaving his post of editor-in-chief, and that Cara St. Hilarire will be taking over. Much gratitude to Josh for wonderful work on photo.net, and a warm welcome to Cara.

2. The same from me! I hope Josh will enjoy wherever he is going and that Cara can put up with the weird group that makes up the photo.net members.

3. Josh, I hope you stick around as a contributoor. Youve done a fantastic job of managing this site, and we will miss that...
    (Welcome, Cara, and don't take that personally ;-) )

4. Josh: You will be missed. Your expertise, coupled with a great sense of humor, has helped you deal with what must have been an extraordinarily complex set of tasks and responsibilities. You did this well.
    Cara: You have a tough act to follow. I wish you much success.
    My best,
    michael

5. A new thread has been started just a couple of lines after this one at http://www.photo.net/off-topic-forum/00bMFp?unified_p=1
    It might make things simpler for everyone to express their appreciation for Josh and welcome to Cara there.

6. Josh seems like a good guy who did a pretty good job running Photo Net, so I hope he wasn't pushed out in a corporate reorganization. However, the way the announcement was handled--an introduction to the new boss in the newsletter, without a farewell from Josh--makes me suspect that this is what happened. I hope I'm wrong.

7. Welcome to Cara! You have big shoes to fill as Josh was fair and helpful in any interactions I had with him. Best of luck to both of you as you move to your new ventures.

8. Thanks for all the hard work Josh. I'm sure it was challenging too. And good luck with whatever you're heading for.