Sponsored by Canon?

wayne_campbell

Alright! More money for Photo.net. I'm in favor of that.

Does this mean they will reduce the voluntary membership fee, or raise the speed of the servers? Perhaps pay the moderators a stipend for all their hard work? Or maybe Photo.net will start to break even in the near future. :)

Well, with limited band width, my main frustration with the internet has been the slow page loading speed. Adding a sponsor offers income for the website, at the expense of slowing page speed further.

In a way, it works like advertisements on TV. The consumer is forced to wait, while corporate America pushes its ideas on the consumer. The advertising driven site is designed to have a delay, while you have nothing to look at except the adverts. I guess we knew that day was coming....

Dave

I remember when Photo.net was ad free, and it was faster back then -- at least when the servers were up, but the economics of life require such ventures to at least pay their own way, if not make a profit. And if we want a good experience here we either have to pay for it or get advertisers to pay for it. It looks like the day has come.