Spare parts for Benbo tripod...

pjdilip

<p>Hi all,<br>

This is just an information post...for those having a need for spare parts for the Benbo tripods. I neeeded replacement rubber feet for my old Mk1 tripod, which had been abused by too heavy a load of telephoto lenses :)... no, actually the rubber had become brittle after 25 years... I got the set of 3 rubber feet from the following:<br>

(<a href="mailto:sales@patersonphotog.plus.com" target="_blank">sales@patersonphotog.plus.com</a>)<br>

They charged just 3 GBP for postage! They have other spare parts like knobs and stuff, too.<br>

Just thought I'd pass this on...</p>

<p>Harry, hi, this was for the original BenBo tripods (for Bent Bolt!) designed by a small (?) engineering firm in the UK... similar design used by Uniloc tripods. The original manufacturers, Kennet Engineering, prided themselves on superior craftsmanship in their products (if I remember their brochure notes correctly), so the Benbo tripods are thick-set, with Soviet-looking handles and knobbly stuff, that believe in doing things differently and poke you in the back while doing so :) But they can stick out their legs in all directions (including upwards), and all gets tightened with one main (and ungainly) handle.</p>

• 2 months later...