Spammer at work in "Education" section!

dhbebb

<p>Thanks again.</p>

<p>Several Moderators and also key Management Staff have been addressing these multiple Spammers and several have already been deleted and banned.</p>

<p>Because it is nighttime in the USA at the moment, it probably will take several more hours until that forum is cleared of these more recent Spammers: but rest assured that key Management Staff have been contacted and all the details supplied to them.</p>

<p>WW<br>

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Sorry William/Glen - I don't wish to make any fuss but the 850+ spam messages today have meant that I cannot access any of my eMails via webmail which is what I do during the day but only via an installed eMail client with junk filtering in the evenings.</p>

<p>Even then it means that I have to filter out ALL Photo.net messages including the ones that I want to see.</p>

<p>Is there no solution?</p>

<p>Nick</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I don't wish to make any fuss but the 850+ spam messages today . . . Is there no solution?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I am not sure of the best way to avoid 'Blitz' type spam attacks such as these recently experienced. I am also not sure if there is a 100% success rate method to counter these strategic attacks, probably automated and set to launch in the evening hours, USA time, and on the weekend.</p>

<p>In any case, I don't have the necessary level of access to begin.</p>

<p>I review the title header; the author; and the forum of new conversations (and new comments) by accessing the "Unified View Forum" which has a User Customize facility. I set email alerts on particular conversations in which I am interested, whether I have commented in those conversations or not.</p>

<p>In this case my email does not get inundated with emails from any blitz spam attack: My email only gets mail form Photo.net on any thread that I have individually selected. (And I can remove that selection at any time).</p>

<p>I can see the spam attack when I access the Unified View Forum - but can easily scroll down through all that muck to genuine new threads and genuine new responses - it is quite simple an doesn't take much time at all .</p>

<p>Perhaps you might consider adopting that methodology to review what is new.</p>

<p>BTW - There was no need offer 'sorry' to me and I hope the suggestion helps.</p>

<p>WW</p>

<p>It seems to be dying down a bit now, only 250 or so spam eMails today. However I have sadly had to disable eMail alerts in all forums and I hope that this sorts it out.<br>

My problem is that due to firewall/security/safety at work I can only access my personal eMail via a text only eMail client and as this has no junk filtering the 50 or 60 normal messages from all sources I receive during the day are totally eclipsed by the several hundred spam - it is unusable!<br>

Using MS Outlook or similar I can easily filter out the rubbish at home so the problem for me is due to the way of working forced upon me by work, not an insolvable one under normal circumstances.<br>

</p>