Source For Frames

I used to stock up on reasonably priced 8x10 and 11x14 frames when Michael's or A.C. Moore had sales. I used these for photos given as gifts or, the past, to hang in the kids rooms. Mostly narrow, black wood or metal frames.

Now, I'm seeing everything at two or three times the prices that I used to pay on sale.

What source are you using for inexpensive frames?

My usual go-to place for frames, glass and matting is Hobby Lobby, locally in Prescott, AZ but stores everywhere in the U.S. Frame prices tend to be a little high, but every other week the store goes into a store-wide, 50% off sale. You have to be careful when buying frames because the quality varies from time to time (warping, scratches, etc.) But, overall, They're reliable.

And, no, I don't work for them, just a usually happy customer.

Exactly.

House clearance auctionhs and charity shops are usually stacked with cheap framed prints or near-worthless amateur daubs.

I have bought frames from Contempoary Frame Company for a long time. It has been a while and I hope they are still around. I have also had good luck at my local Goodwill store. I have bought some very nice frames with glass for $5.

Edited by robert_bowring