Sony/Minolta pictures of the week | 14 April

Discussion in 'Sony/Minolta' started by howardstanbury, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Using the HX1 cablebird.jpg

Mark Keefer and mjferron like this.
  2. Black bird RW bbird.jpg

3. Sunrise in Burin harbour, Newfoundland .
    Morning.jpg

tcphoto756, Mark Keefer and mjferron like this.
  4. Howard, after looking at the stone tower picture I dug out my F300 also from 2003. There were a few pictures on a 32 MB! card of which this is one. Still a nice camera. butter nut squash.jpg

5. Coffee and conversation. Sony a6000 / Sony/Zeiss 16-70mm 4.0

DSC01621Rs.jpg

mjferron likes this.
  6. Shooting tonight's moon. Sony RX10iii. ISO 100 manual exposure 1/500 and F5.6. Raw conversion in ACR

DSC00259-copy.jpg

randy_cooprider|1 likes this.
  7. Great shots, Dave.
    I am going to try to update the firmware this week if I can find the time. Are you seeing any other improvements with the latest firmware?
    Are you using the A9 or A7RIII. Hoping maybe I will see improved focusing performance on the A7RIII.

8. Hi Mark, the eagle shot is with the a9, which is still champ for any bird-in-flight situation. The a7RIII's resolution and DR make it champ for everything else, like both prairie dog shots. (Look at the detail on that close-up).

For me, there was nothing else of great interest with the a7RIII firmware update, other than the animal-eye. It still has "Lock-on" instead of "Tracking" AF. I saw no negative to the change. Can't wait for the a9 animal-eye Tracking AF. I suspect it'll be superior to the a7RIII update, due to hardware and software differences. We'll see....

9. Sounds good

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 9:45 PM