Some photos from Prague taken with Yashica Electro 35 GTN

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by george_daneliya, Feb 27, 2009.

1. This is the first time I'm posting my photos here. I have not so many scanned. And I never edit them - just leave as they came from laboratory.
    Hope you would like them. All comments are much appreciated.

2. Prague is such a beautiful city. Looks even better in black and white. Your photographs of people in the urban landscape remind me of classic images. Excellent work with the Yashica!

3. It's been many years since I was last in Prague. It's a beautiful city and your pictures are lovely. Great first post!

4. Great photos, never been there, but I hear that the architecture is fantastic. Your photos make me consider a trip there quite seriously. Regards

5. Wow, I know Prague to be a fabulous place, and your photographs make it more evocative, especially in B&W.
    Great work with your Yashica, love to see more.
    BTW, what is the story with the man on the bridge, just curious.

6. No 3 is a really great shot. The 4th shot has got an old school post card look to it. Nice shots!

7. Good stuff. Love the night photos.

8. Wonderful. Your photos do justice to that fine city.

9. Beautiful George! I have a friend from Prague and he goes back every year. I see why. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. Nice going.

10. # 3 is awesome.
    Nice work.

11. Super nice, George! The GTN is a great classic camera with a great classic lens. Well Done!

12. It must have been at least 15 years ago when I went to Prague, as part of a school trip, I can barely remember it. I would love to go back there again, this time armed with a camera and a better knowledge of photography.
    Thank you for sharing those pictures George.

13. I love the third photo. I just hope the person in the photo isn't looking for a contact lens. ;-)

14. I have to agree the third photo stands out. WOW!
    I am Yashica nut. I do not have a GTN. I have to really get one after looking at your photos. I have not been able to find one that doesn`t have mold on the lens.

15. Outstanding photos, George! These are beautiful.

16. Why do they scrub the bricks there?
    The 2nd one is very interesting. Interesting to see a fellow wearing a drover in an urban area. Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

17. Really superb shots with a nice camera.

18. Yeh George
    #3 is beautiful I am just wondering what he is looking for? Looks like the guy lost something and is looking for it where the street light is )).

19. Those were great photos. I liked them.

20. Keep posting your photos, they are fab!

21. Outstanding photos. Thank you for sharing them.

22. Guys, thanks a lot for your comments!
    In real life these photographs look much better being printed in a wet dark room on 30*40 cm format. Scanning really damaged tonality range, also grainy structure dissapeared (I used Ilford PAN 100 and 400 films). Photos were taken in January, 2007.
    To Tony Lockerbie: pity, but in fact no special story about the man on the bridge - he was just a street caricaturist.
    The third photo was taken handheld on fully opened aperure and shutter speed of 1/30 with Ilford PAN 400 film. The man, of course, doesn't search for anything - he just waits somebody will throug money to him...
    A bit later I'll post some more photos from Prague taken with Yashica and Rolleiflex 2.8E (a real pain to resize scans from the mighty Rollei, by the way).

23. Beautiful pictures. I regret having visited Prague with my F80 and slide film only. I wish I had my Yashica T4 and some B&W film...

24. Wow... gorgeous. Makes me want to try my hand at doing my own developing and printing some day.

25. Yes, I can imagine how much better the prints look, considering how good they look on line. Great job. I hear Prague not only is beautiful but has great food! I'd like to go some day.

26. Yes, the food is also wonderful there, and beer... But keep away from restaurants specialized on tourists - go to those, which are used by aborigens - you would have double or triple portions for the same money :)