Simple imaging software

Hi Gregory, see my response in this thread. IMHO, it depends a lot on whether you already use other imaging software. Many 3rd party 'plugin' filters are available for Lightroom and Photoshop. 'Sharing 'apps like Instagram, etc also offer a range of effects. Finally, the free 'Photoshop Express' app (amongst others) offers a range of effects.

I have the same 'plugin' filters (effects) in both Lightroom and PS. PS has one option that Lightroom doesn't have: colour lookup tables (LUTS). These create effects too. Many are free, some are paid

Hope this helps,

Mike

I suggest you check out DXO Photo Lab 3. It has presets built into it that can be applied when you open every new image. I started to use it in January 2020 and really like it. You can download a 30 day trial for free. If you decide to buy it, it comes in two versions, Essential and Elite. Both allow you to access all of the NIK Collection plug ins without leaving the program if you decide to use them. I suggest you check out the NIK Collection too if DXO PL3 looks like it will meet your needs. Both work on windows and Mac systems.

DxO PhotoLab 3 - The Most Advanced Photo Editing Software

Nik Collection from google times is the thing to look from old software sources. When used in standalone mode Color Efex Pro fits the description.

If not prepared to purchase DXO Photo Lab, the older Optics Pro 10 and 11 also have multiple presets option.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...