Hi @mark4583|1,I guess my my basic response is that LR/PS 'presets' probably won't help you much in the long term. But maybe to get started.

Almost all the Lightroom presets I regularly use I made myself under 'user presets' But I still have those by Adobe (Julieanne Kost) and Erik Kim (street photography) too. I haven't used the Julieanne Kost/Eric Kim presets in years, Not because they're not any good. But because I've gradually built up my own library of presets that I regularly use.

In PS, I think the term is 'actions' rather than presets. In other words, a predefined sequence of steps in Photoshop from A to B. I've never used PS actions sio I can't advise.

There one more category of 'off-the-shelf' solutions other than LR presets and PS actions: plugin (interactive) filters for both LR and PS. These I use a lot! Many different plugins are available. I use just two plugin 'suites':

- Nik (now free) previously maintained by Google

- Topaz - initially "paid": everything from noise reduction to various 'effects; one thing I like about Topaz is that upgrades are free.

There's also a 3rd 'off-the-shelf' solution in PS: 'color lookup tables' (LUT). some of these are free, some are paid. They basically change your photo in the 'color space' For example giving your photo a movie-like quality or changing a 'day photo' into a 'night photo' I only have free ones.and I rarely use them.

So my main feedback is: don't fixate on presets/actions or even plugins.The availability is vast!. FWIW my advice would be to turn the question around (demand rather than supply). What is it that you would like to do in PP that Adobe doesn't already provide for? Then search for presets/actions/plugins that will help you get there. Your ''personal vision' determines which 'solution' helps you best in achieving this.

Hope this helps.,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...