Signing In.

Tony Evans

I'm on Photo Net 3 to 5 times a day. On at least 2 of those occasions I have to go back from my Forum site and sign in. What the hell is going on. Is this just to force me to see Google, Facebook, etc. If so I'm not interested and will not be here for long..

Tony

Tony Evans

I also visit PN several times a day but I do NOT have a sign-in problem. I have to sign in about once a DAY, unless I go to another computer. If I sign in on another, it appears that the system signs me out of the first computer. In that case, when I return to the first computer, I have sign in again. As long as I stay on one computer, I have to sign in about once a day.

Unless you are "computer hopping"', I suspect your problem is a user problem, not a PN problem.

On at least 2 of those occasions I have to go back from my Forum site and sign in

Hi, Tony - A few questions for you: which browser are you using? Are you turning off your computer between visits? And is this a problem you've had ever since the transition to the new site, or did it develop recently? (and if so, when?)

I also have to sign in once a day. No I don't turn off my computer. It's been happening ever since the redesign and Glenn has confirmed that the programmers think this is necessary. Signing in takes me away from wherever I was on PN and brings me to my portfolio page. Edited by Norma Desmond
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

I also have to sign in once a day. No I don't turn off my computer. It's been happening ever since the redesign and Glenn has confirmed that the programmers think this is necessary. Signing in takes me away from wherever I was on PN and brings me to my portfolio page.

I too switch off at night. Clicking on the icon on my screen brings me to my front page (Biography,) and I don't have to log in again.

I too switch off at night.

John, you quoted me and said this so I want to be sure you understood me. I DO NOT switch off at night, and I am often automatically signed off in the middle of a session on PN. It's inconvenient, especially on mobile devices.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

John, you quoted me and said this so I want to be sure you understood me. I DO NOT switch off at night, and I am often automatically signed off in the middle of a session on PN. It's inconvenient, especially on mobile devices.

I use Safari on an iPad and Firefox on an iMac. I have NEVER been automatically signed out during a session.

The problem has been happening for at least 3 weeks. The really frustrating aspect is to click on logout only gives a fraction of a second to get to it before it disappears. Really makes the site less attractive. I have never had this problem on any site. I hope you can correct it soon.

I never log out. But I just checked the procedure. If I click on my user name (at top right of a forum page), a small, vertical window opens with several choices (profile, my content, etc.). That window STAYS OPEN until I click on something. The last option, at the bottom of the window is log out.