Shutterstock

impr_pht

<p>Hi<br>

I shouted already several thousand photos since I started my business.<br>

I am thinking if i should upload them on a website like shutterstock to sell it.<br>

I would love if i can just give it for a company and they will put the proper tags on it, is it possible?<br>

Which website is the best place to sell my photos?<br>

What kind of revenue can i expect from this.<br>

Thank you in advance</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

Sorry to be brutally honest with you, and my apologies up front that my answer is not going to sound nice.</p>

<p>Three weeks ago, you asked how to use ISO to control the brightness of a scene - now, this is basic knowledge on exposure. Now, three weeks later, you're talking about selling photos. That seems a bit premature. As you have no photos in your portfolio, of course I do not know for sure, but odds are that if you do not sufficiently know how exposure works, then you're not yet on a professional standard as a photographer. It takes more than shooting many photos to reach that level. Shooting 1000s of photos is easy - shooting 1 really good photo that a client is willing to pay good money for is a lot harder.</p>

<p>Shutterstock, and other stock agencies, you enter a (saturated) market, where many photographers offer their material; it is not just a matter of putting the right tags. Stock photos, simple as they may look, take skill and knowledge of the market to get right. So, as a beginning photographer, you shouldn't expect much revenue at all. In fact, it may be wiser to not do it until you feel you have a proper quality portfolio, in order to not damage your professional profile with sub-par products.</p>

<p>I know, I am just saying this as an amateur photographer (with no desire to sell), so take my opinion for what it's worth. But the idea that getting a decent camera and shooting many photos makes one enough of a photographer to sell images, is a serious mistake.</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

what should i do... its a fact... i shoot thousands of photos and my clients keep on coming back,<br>

I guess they like it, see some of my photos here, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ttth0pn8osv2ljb/AAB-KR3v6FAa4dPhRvokfvVJa?dl=0<br>

If I have all the photos anyway, why shouldn't i sell it.<br>

I ask beginner questions about ISO, just because I want to know the answer, and i never learned photography in a organized course just here and there and playing around.</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>If I have all the photos anyway, why shouldn't i sell it.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Whether or not you can sell them again, depends a lot on the type of contract you have with your paying clients. If you do not have any contract, I'd be extremely cautious proceeding in selling images again, via other channels. Given that it concerns product photos, you will find yourself in very muddy waters if you sell those images also to 3rd parties.<br>

If you want to be a professional photographer, "playing around" is not a strategy. Follow a business course, work with a lawyer to get proper contracts done. Get liability insurance. Invest time and money in your professional skills, in a structured way so that you can reliably and repeatedly deliver quality work, manage your clients, contracts and payments in the way a professional business should.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>There is no harm in applying to Shutterstock and see how you do. The revenue you generate through these places is not very large anymore.<br>

You can also try selling independently to hedge your bets through something like Symbiostock or Symzio. Apply to a variety of agencies to maximize revenue.<br>

Shutterstock has started making it extremely easy to become a contributor now.</p>