setting custom profile as default profile for all users on a Mac

Hi there

I wonder if anybody has had a problem like this. I manage 30 macs in a university photography department, which we calibrate with an xrite i1Pro. Staff and student users log in with mobile accounts. We profile the monitors with the administrator account on each computer and set the icc profile through system preferences.

The problem is that on the mobile accounts, when individuals log in, the monitors default to the default profiles, and a lot of the time students will forget to switch to the custom profile.

Does anybody know if there is a way of setting the custom profile as the profile for all users? It's stored in the correct folders so is accessible to all users, but ideally we don't want people to have switch the profiles over themselves.

Wondering if I'm being dim and missing and obvious solution...

Thank you!

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, really appreciate it. I've tried the first two but with no luck, and will looking into the startup script option. The macs are bound to active directory in order to enable mobile user accounts.

Thanks again.

Have you set the permissions on the custom ICC file such that it's accessible by everyone? If it's been created under the admin account it may not have system or user permission.

Otherwise I don't understand why setting the custom profile as default doesn't work. If it's the only monitor profile the OS has access to it has to work, surely?

Or are you saying the profile is ignored by the OS and only PnP monitor information is being used? If that's the case it sounds like the profile isn't being found by the OS (wrong directory?) or its permissions are wrong.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1