Hello,

I am hoping that somebody out there can help me locate some 1930's camera flashes that attach to the Pre Anniversary Speed Graphic cameras. I need them for a film we are working on right now. I am looking for the S. Mendelsohn Photoflash Speedguns. They look like a flashlight that has been converted to a camera flash. Any help would be much appreciated. I have had little luck on Ebay and Etsy.

Understood. I am ignorant of the different nuances of those units.

Perhaps widening your search to auction sites whose bent is towards cameras? I would focus on USA and Europe.

Research organizations with connections to (history and paraphernalia of) Press (newspapers) and the Military might also bring results.

There are a lot of collectors out there and many of those collectors are old, or have passed: and all they want, or all their families want, is for the collections to go to a 'good home'.

WW

There is some discussion here, especially about the 1930's.

That was early in the time of flash bulbs.

The earlier ones I know use ordinary lamp socket bases, and as well as I know,

were used in ordinary lamp sockets. One could open the shutter, trigger the flash,

maybe even with the ordinary lamp switch, then close the shutter.

I have a camera that seems to have been modified by my grandfather to

allow for synchronized flash. It has two ordinary electrical outlets on the front,

where one could plug in a portable lamp into one, and a power source into the other.

Which flashbulbs do the one you are looking for use?

-- glen