Rollei Rolleiflex SL35M Lens question

My mistake. I got the impression that this was one of the late attempts by Rollei/Voigtländer/Zeiss Ikon to catch up and make a camera with the popular M42 mount. It's all pretty confusing with all the different builts and models of the late German camera industry.

<p>

However, due to the <b><a href="http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-by-register.html">larger lens register distance</a></b> it seems to be possible to adapt M42 lenses to QBM/SL35 bodies, but don't ask me about the details.

<p>Check with KEH and see if they have an adapter. Also, one might turn up on ebay or if you are near a camera shop, they might have one in NOS.<br>

During the time of the Rollei SL series, Voigtlander also marketed an SLR using the same lens mount so there are also some Voigtlander lenses that will fit. Finally, Tamron made an adaptall mount for this series so if you can find one you can also use Tamron Adaptall lenes with it too.</p>

<p>The M42 to Rollei bayonet mount adapter is quite commonplace and can be found on eBay from time to time at a fairly low price. The Rollei camera bodies even stop down the M42 lenses with the adapter when firing the shutter, unlike most other camera bodies when using adapted M42 lenses.</p>

<p>Yefei</p>

<p>>During the time of the Rollei SL series, Voigtlander also marketed an SLR using the same lens mount so there are also some Voigtlander lenses that will fit.<br /> <br /> Rollei had bought Voigtlander at the time and simply rebadged the Rolleiflex cameras and lenses. (though the camera itself was actually based on a Voigtlander design when V was still owned by Zeiss Ikon.)</p>