I ordered some Rollei Pan 25 recently. I haven't used it before, and

was hoping for suggestions in developing. I use HC-110 and Rodinal

usually, so suggestions using these developers would be greatly

appreciated. So, what do you guys think of this film? Alternatives

you prefer (for slow speed film)?

Thanks,

Jon

Yeah,

You can order it through B&H (special order). I ordered a couple of rolls (120). I haven't seen much discussion on photo.net. I was hoping for a head start on developing. I've heard people suggest it's like Efke (sp?) or Maco 25. Do you guys have regiments for developing these films using HC-110 or Rodinal?

-Jon

Last issue of UK magazine Black & White Photography did a test of some of the Rollei films,

although I think they tried the Ortho 25, not the Pan. Will have a look if I still have it.<p>

For pictorial use, it behaves much like TechPan as it is primarily a document film. To get

sufficiently low contrasts with a conventional developer such as HC110 or Rodinal you need

some very high dilutions. Like I said, I haven't tried the Rollei (which I believe is made for

them by Maco, or Foma or someone Eastern Euro), but have done TP in Rodinal 1:100 and

higher.

The Rollei Pan25 is a new ultra fine grain emulsion.

So far I have tested the film with the AM74 developer from Amaloco, the manufacturer of the Rollei H.S.

But D76/ID11 will also do also fine with this film. Rodinal will be the next test.

Here an example of the Rollei Pan25 film, made during my last visit in Prague. (Leica M7-Summicron 2,0/50mm on f=2,0 t=1/8S.)

Best regards,

Robert

http://www.FotohuisRoVo.nl

All our Rollei info is on the Dutch web site: *Assortiment* --> *Rollei/Maco*

All Rollei films are tested in the Dutch magazine "Fotografie" F+D (Photo&Darkroom) December 2005!

Thanks Aurelien, for your interest in the new Rollei films.

Again a picture but now from the Old Time Square in Prague, the well known astronomical clock. (Also on a Rollei film)

Next month (February) our Fotohuis will have a special price for all Rollei films and our Rollei test kits (chemicals included). *Nieuws/News* on our NL-website.

Robert

B&H sells rolls for $5.49 a piece. It's pretty high, but I was buying a lot of other film at the time and thought what the hey (shopping hungry, or so to speak). The hitch is that B&H orders when you order; I don't think they keep a regular stock of the stuff.

-Jon

• 10 months later...