query on pentax 67 90mm - 180 mm lens

sanjay_chaudary

Hi, I had purchased a pentax 67 90mm -180 mm macro lens from what is now called usedphotopro. I generally buy from

keh, bh, adorama. I bought from usedphotopro based on recommendations from photo.net . The price was less and the same lens on different site had higher price, but also mentioned that the hood had crack. I am getting decent pictures with it. However, when I turn the lens 180 deg or 360 deg along the vertical axis handheld, there is a slight noise as though there is something loose inside. The noise is

fainter than a loose screw. Is this normal with this lens ? The focussing is ok. I have taken a few photos with the Pentax 67ii and photos seem ok.

If the hood had a crack chances are that lens got bumped pretty good. Don't risk it. Get it fixed before ground metal finds it's way into the deep innards. That will render it useless and be a costly pain as it will be cheaper to buy another lens altogether! Gotta remember old-school lenses and film cameras are a goldmine to the folks who still repair them. I have spares of everything! Five RB67, Four Pentax 67, Eight Nikon F2 bodies with motors on each plus three motors saved, Seven Nikon F3 bodies with the same as the F2. Double and triple of favored lenses too. I bought all that gear during the Great Film Camera Swap to Digital back in the late nighties through 2006. I'd hate to have to buy that today. Only leftovers of questionable condition are available today. Stay away from overseas purchases from Europe and Asia. Hazing, Fogging and Fungus-infected gear is all that's left.

Thanks for the reply. The hood on my lens is intact. The cracked hood was mentioned on a popular site , for listing of the same model and I avoided that site, though its well known. I bought this from used section of Indiana , USA store. Its currently called usedphotopro.com and is in Indianapolis. I got most of my other used lens from keh.com. This lens is out of warranty. This lens model was not widely available. I have had very few issues with bhphotovideo, adorama, keh. keh - I had problem with my camera - pentax67ii. They fixed it and I got it back. I stay in India and finding someone to take it back to US for repair and bringing it back is a hassle.

• 1 month later...