PYRO developing for scanning, improvement?

I have scanned a few negatives I developed in the Wimberly WD2D developer and they look very nice,

but with the limited number of shots I have that were developed in "Pyro" type developers as yet can't

form an overall opinion in regards the merits of Pyro for scanning. Since I scan all my b/w now, for

digital printing, rather than wet prints, I would like to solicit opinions or impressions of the advantages

or lack of advantages regarding Pyro developing for scanning. Do you feel that the advantages of

modern Pyro based developers (highlight separation, controlled contrast) translate well in scanning?

McCluney Photo

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I have a lot to learn about scanning in general, and how to use the color management tools in PS to make the most of stained negs, but I too feel my stained negs scan with less effort than my unstained ones do, and with better sharpness and gradation. I'll watch this thread for scanning advice.

Jay

I have just developed a couple of rolls of 35mm APX-100 freshly home-made WD2D, most

recent revision.

They scan better than any 35mm b/w negative I have yet scanned. I have had to do the

least amount of post-scanning correction of any negative I have scanned. Overall, the

tones are great. No problem holding detail in bright highlights and deep shadows.

McCluney Photo