Proposed photo theme: old churches in your home zone

gib

maybe if we have a commone theme to aim our vintage cameras at, we

might produce some photos and some interesting posts that we can all

get involved in.

it seems to me that old churches offer a lot of visual interesting

possibilities.

I especially enjoyed Csab' s posting earlier today.

maybe we can follow up on his lead?

OK, I found a few really old shots. These are all at least 25-30 years old. Not absolutely sure what camera I took these with. Probably a Fujica ST701 and either a 30mmF3.5 Pentacon lens or a 55mmF1.8 Fujinon lens. This first shot taken on Plus-X Pan film. Probably developed in Paterson Acutol.<div>00EHKl-26618884.JPG.3c6fe64b82498e1a80c50d1030d7b285.JPG</div>

Forgot to mention, orange filter used on the last shot.

This shot is of the village Church at Monks Kirby, Warwickshire, England. Taken either with a Zenit B or Fujica ST701 with previously mentioned lenses (that's all I had at the time). Shot on Ilford FP4 probably developed in Perceptol.<div>00EHKq-26618984.jpg.4cda4e3f5245160ad0b3c8cfae1d3158.jpg</div>

This last one is of a stained glass window. I don't know which church but its somewhere in Coventry, England. Shot with above mentioned camera/lens on Kodak Safety Film 5063 (reading fronm negative edge), probably developed in Paterson Acutol or maybe D76. Sorry for vague details, these are OLD.<div>00EHKy-26619084.jpg.ada22c8f10db09b5cbea823dc2280b0a.jpg</div>

thanks for posting such a great lot of photos

I was slow getting out to shoot some in my area with vintage cameras, had a bunch of

digicams images but that wont fly in this forum.

I may repost this theme in the week before Christmas.

This is the parish church in a village just north of where I live called Knotting, in Bedfordshire. There is a plaque in the portico listing all of the Rectors since the church was built in 1204, in the reign of King John. The list has not been up-dated since 1980, as it is enamel on metal, but the heritage goes on and the church is used every Sunday. Kiev 4AM with 50mm J8 on Agfa XRG 200 from scanned prints.<div>00EK4d-26705284.thumb.jpg.511a28900d42550484dcad5d4b4c82e8.jpg</div>