professional photo lab - Los Angeles area

Hello,

I am looking for a photo lab in the LA area, that can do slide / b&w processing for cheap in 2-3 hours. The

labs that I am finding are expensive and have a turn-around time of 3-10 days. BTW, I live in

Monrovia....so something close by would be preferable.

Thank you.

You might want to post this again and ask about labs in the Pasadena-Monrovia area; you don't want to drive all the way into Hollywood, do you?

Pasadena has a camera show one Sunday a month, and there's also a Samys Camera shop up there.(Many people think that the Samys chain offers the best photo retail in the LA area.) There's also a place called Frank's Camera in Highland Park, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

"There's also a place called Frank's Camera in Highland Park"

That was top notch camera dealer some 30 to 10 years ago. Photo contests, with beautiful models posing, photographers crowding, awards, etc. The shooting contests extravaganza was held annually in the ranch, not in Highland Park. That was the real spirit of photography that Frank's Camera promoted over last few decades.

Frank's camera printed annual catalog contained collections of photographic equipment, and were used as reference all over the world. Like today's B&H catalogs.

About 2 years ago I stoped at Frannk's Camera, and at that time they were closing the store, or trying to close it during last few years, but there were no takers.

Jana was still there, but Milan went back to Chechoslovakia - or whatever country it is now.

The ugly old building was listed for sale at $2,000,000, or for rent at (if I remember) monthly rent of $40,000. In Highland park area that deteriorated over last 10 years, getting that price for the building, or the rent cost, was kind of a dream from my point of view, but I wish them well.

The only thing that kept them going was that there was no purchaser for the business or the building. I am not sure if they are still open now, most likely not. If I wonder there next time, I will let you know.