Problem using content-aware fill

<p>I'm trying to remove a small object from a photo using content aware fill. I've used the quick selection tool and the lasso to select the object. When I use content-aware fill the object is filled in with the primary subject's skin and not the closer adjacent background. I've watched a dozen or more videos on how to use content-aware fill and can't understand this behavior. Hopefully someone can let me know how to solve this. Thanks.<br>

IW</p>

<p>Content aware fill uses an algorithm to calculate surrounding pixels for the fill. If the surrounding area has too much different colour information, you may end up with these surprises. Been there, done that. If an object you wish to remove is quite isolated, it works best.<br>

Try to get as close as possible with the lasso. You may want to fill in some background with a very fine stamp brush to offset the object from the skin tone to provoke an easier identification of info. </p>

<p>Iverson, if you want the fill to include a particular information from the surrounding area, you have to modify this area to bear the content you wish to see. It's an old trick, also often used when using the repair tool, to prevent other colours slipping in.<br>

You might try Martin's proposal, too. Sounds good, will try this also. Thanks for the link!</p>