Prints on Show

Discussion in 'Casual Photo Conversations' started by Sandy Vongries, Dec 21, 2017.

1. I have several ways of displaying prints at home - this is one I've used for a very long time, though recently refurbished. Prints are rotated when a new batch is appealing and sizes change. DSC_4135 (1024x682).jpg What do you do?

Mark Keefer likes this.
  2. I have a studio downstairs, adjacent to my garage, where I display photos. I'm working on some more casual means of display that will be easier to change around, but for now I've done more traditional matting and framing.

3-studio-photos-w.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Mark Keefer likes this.
  3. i’ve never, ever been into prints (apart from canon credit card sized prints) but was always into those jpg viewers (8x10ish). now i use the ipad mini 4 as a storage device and display unit.

(sorry, just realised my post might be a tad OT)

4. Not at all - I used a Canon Selphy that produced postcards,before I got the large printer and have a couple of the electronic frames (9x12 and 4x6) running. I also store / display images on my Kindle Fire. Other than that, a few semi permanent framed prints scattered around.

5. Emphatic! :D

6. Nothing can replace a well made and framed print. However a high resolution digital frame (one that looks like an actual picture frame on the wall, not one of those cheap crappy ones) can be a nice companion to paper prints for offering more viewing and display flexibility.

Something like this: http://www.acanvas.com/product/

7. Fred, nicely done. Tasteful arrangement and lighting. Like the carpenter who needs carpentry work at home I have little of my work on the walls, I will turn Pro Select on my own home to design some wall groupings and prints.

8. Thanks, Bob! :)