Pricing business head shot taken for charity

<p>I've got an unusual situation. I volunteered for a local charity to take pro bono head shots of their largest donors to be used in the charity's annual booklet. My contact at the charity suggested right before the first appointment (half hour slots performed in the charity's office) that if I wanted to sell copies of these prints to the donors to be used as they see fit, that was fine with the charity. Since I was already setup for the photos and the donors were already primped & sitting in front of my camera, half of them have decided to let me take a couple additional frames (besides the husband+wife shot for the charity) to use as their corporate portraits. These are high dollar donors, some well known in the community. They'll just want a digital copy of the image(s) in question.</p>

<p>What do I charge the donors for something like this? It requires only about 10 additional minutes of my time beyond what I'm already doing for the charity, so it's not like I'm doing a special session just for them.</p>

<p>It's not about how much time you (or they) spent in front of the camera - it's about usage. If they want to use them for personal purposes, then by all means, charge anything from $50 upwards (and I did like the idea of donating something back to the charity!) If, on the other hand, they want to use them as publicity shots or for illustrating articles etc, then I'd think you should charge a bit more. Whether you'll then want to return some of that to the charity that's another issue altogether...</p>