Pictures of Hands

timberwolf1

The rule of thumb (no pun intended) is to photograph the sides of the hands, avoiding the palms and back of the hands as much as possible. You make the hands seem graceful by eliminating sharp bends and making hands form smooth, natural, flowing curves. Keep most of the fingers together, but relaxed. If an index finger is to be separated from the rest, keep the others together in a relaxed manner.

Keep in mind that photographing hands is one of the most difficult photographic endeavors. I've photographed for over 20 years and I've photographed professionally for a good number of years and I've never been able to get hand photography down pat. It's really tough.

I leard this pose from my mom, who also loves photogrpahy. She usually uses a soft focus filter. I myself chose to take this image using BW infrared film of the bride and grooms hands for an etheral look during the reception. It seems like a pretty common composition, so I took it. I don't know a lot about the rules or symbolism, but I'd like to hear what others have to say.

I haven't got this resizing thing worked out so that the images don't turn out distorted on this site but this is what I did for my neice's wedding. I wasn't quite sure how to handle this request but this was the result.<div>0088X9-17837684.jpg.01b2fd80281891d61e826c256847ac65.jpg</div>