Photos not appearing in Contest

John Peri

Mark, Ken, as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, unfortunately the photos do not appear to be all visible at the same time. I discovered by chance that if you start off with a full screen, reduce it in size, then go back to full screen again, the missing pictures re-appear. However it means that those voting will in principle not see all the submissions, unless they go through this manoeuver.
  • Like 1

John, thank you for your reply. My reason for adding to this thread was to hopefully help bring this issue to the attention of PN staff. Looking this morning all my five entries are visible, now has the issue been resolved or am I just one of the lucky ones ? I think the latter. The contests are fun and I don't expect to win but a single vote is nice as is any recognition of one's work, but for all members to enjoy these contests this issue needs to be resolved. Best regards Ken.
  • Like 1

Interesting, I am seeing my photo. It has only been viewed 12 times, several times by me. But the first photo in the contest says it has been viewed well over 500,000 times. Now possibly my photo is so bad over half a million viewers did not think it was worth looking at, or people are not seeing it. A little discouraging as a photographer. 12 views. 12.... really... Edited by Mark Keefer
Cheers, Mark

Mark, I'm going make a guess here and say that it's likely you're a better photographer than the PN view-counting system is a reliable view-counting system and your supposed 12 views are saying a lot more about PN programming than about your photography. Anyway, here's to lucky number 13! :)
  • Like 1
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

It has only been viewed 12 times, several times by me. But the first photo in the contest says it has been viewed well over 500,000 times.

Mark, some photos have been on PN for over 15 years and have indeed accumulated several hundred thousand views, there are actually some that pass the million mark .. our challenge today with the new PN is to reach the same level of exposure.

Edited by John Peri

some that pass the million mark

So the number does not represent views in the contest.

Over a million...wow! Well, I got 12 or maybe 13 now, maybe in 15 years, so I am well on my way. lol.

As with many artists, their work is not appreciated or becomes of any value until after they are dead. :-)

• Like 1
Cheers, Mark

I am finding navigation of the photos in the contest cumbersome , clicking on a photo takes you to the photo, hitting the back button takes me to the same sailboat photo, and hitting back again and I am at the select which contest to enter page, and how many photos are there in the contest and I must do this hundreds of times. Wish there was a smoother way to do this, like just hitting the right or left arrow to see the next photo large.
Cheers, Mark

John, it was a joke. The response I might have expected is simply a smile, though we are each of course free to respond in our own way. Yours suggests defensiveness and I apologize if I hit a nerve. If I did, it was unintentional. Happy trails!

From me too, though it seems that I too may have touched a nerve .... oh, and Trump's lawyer did write that Tweet !

Edited by John Peri

I’ll just raise an eyebrow and take a giant step away.

that's the right direction Fred, I have been aiming for that for a long time, but you will keep popping up again .. : -)

.. as for Donald Trump, I guess he is the epitome of the new norm, at least for some in respect to dialogue

Edited by John Peri

I guess he is the epitome of the new norm, at least for some

And yet, when you talk to Americans here on PN, you bring him up as if he’s the new norm for all Americans. Oh, and I decided not to step away from this particular confrontation with you because I resent the kind of prejudice that would cause you automatically to associate an American you happen to disagree with or dislike with Trump.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!