Photojournalism Schools in CA?

<p>I'm so glad I didn't go to a PJ program for college...If I did, I would probably hate photography. Spend your money traveling. You can learn much more from actual shooting stories/people than sitting in a classroom. Photojournalism is not brain surgery or rocket science...Just find your passion(s) and start shooting. You'll find your way;)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I must agree 101% with Leslie. I'll put it another way: many of the best photographers just picked up their cameras and went out and took great photos. They figured it out. They never did something as boring as get a PJ degree. And yet people go to school to be just like Eugene Smith! The schools exist only because people are willing to pay for them, not because they're actually necessary.</p>

<p>Photojournalism is like advertising (in a way): it's a vanity <em>subject</em>, but it's an important <em>profession</em>. Would I go to a fiction writing school to write novels? I wouldn't. I might study English or literature or a second language, though. Or not.</p>

<p>I hope that what I and Leslie have said will free you and make you more inspired. BE FREE!</p>