Photography in the High School Years

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Sep 10, 2017.

1. [QUOTE="Gary Nakayama - SF Bay Area, California, post: 5600975, member: 2105396"
    (snip on yearbook photography)

The only con is, with digital, TOOOOO many photos are taken, 500-1,000+ shots at a major sport event, per photographer.
    [/QUOTE]

With digital today, I try not to take sooo many, though maybe more than film days. Quality over quantity.

But in my 7th and 8th grade yearbook days, I would buy 100 foot rolls from Freestyle, so I could afford more shots than some might.

I also have a lot of shots from scout camp, that I might not have taken with more expensive film, mostly that I didn't print.

2. This is from 8th grade with a camera that snaps onto a 126 cartridge, with no back, and otherwise as simple as possible. 472078_3611541049465_1787684695_o.jpg

3. I remember those little cameras, Glen. Years later a similar model that took the 110 cartridge was also made. I think I have some 126 photos from my 7th grade years, probably on Verichrome Pan, developed in my Dad's darkroom.

4. I remember the 110 models, but never owned one.

I did use other 110 cameras in the early 110 years, and develop them with my Yankee II tank.

5. True street photography. Little posing or subliminal agendas.

6. That one, I believe, is Ektachrome 400 and my first roll of it. Actual street photography, though college years and not high school years.

Before EL, I wouldn't have even tried, but with it, I had to try it available light.

This is people standing around, watching a bonfire, on a Pasadena street intersection.

7. When 400 ISO color became available I tried it at once. During my senior year of high school Fuji came out with Fujicolor 400. Kind of grainy, but decent color. Somewhere I still have the roll that I tried. We had a camera shop then and the Fuji rep gave me a roll to try. When Ektachrome 400 became available I wasted no time having a roll push processed for I.E. 800. I'll have to find those for a future thread.