Photographic Eradicator Formula?

phil_smith4

Hi, I do alot of fixed line photographic work and you can no longer get the photographic 2-

part eradicator kits.

Does anyone know the formula used in the Kodak or Michlin products?

There is a company in England selling a kit from a kodak recipe but being in the USA I'd

rather not have to order from overseas.

Thanks, Phil.

• 1 year later...

Well I eventually answered my own question. I used a MSDS sheet from a former supplier

to reconstruct a recipe. I dont know if anyone else in the world will ever need this but I

will put it here in the forums for posterity.<p>

Photo eradicator Part A basically converts the black silver on a litho type film/neg to a

white silver salt and then Part B disolves the white salt leaving your film unblemished. We

use it to erase lines, etc. on Architectural Drawings and other things that we put on fixed-

line mylar like Agfa's PM12.<p>

Photo Eradicator<p>

Part A<br>

750ml distilled H20<br>

50ml Muriatic Acid<br>

90 Grams Ammonium Chloride<br>

110 grams Cupric Chloride<br>

water to make 1 litre<p>

Part B<br>

950ml distilled H20<br>

50grams Thiourea<br>

water to make 1 litre<p>

Thiourea is a carcinogen. We had to set up an account with the supplier before then

would send it to us. I think the other stuff is pretty common.<p>

I put this in 1oz. dropper bottles so I can just squeeze out a drop where I need it.<p>

As soon as you put the Green (Part A) solution on the silver it will turn white. Its

instantaneous. Wipe that off with a damp cloth and put the Clear (Part B) on any silver that

turned white and it will dissolve instantly. Wipe that good with a damp cloth and make

sure you get any traces of the chemical off the base material, then just let it dry.<p>

Dont know if anyone will ever use this besides me but who knows.