Photo upload problems in any browsers?

carashilaire

<p>There was a report that a member couldn't upload photos. I had an issue as well in just one browser (Chrome) as well. Has anyone been unable to upload photos in the last day or two? Meaning, the site didn't display the <strong>+ More Files</strong> button? </p>

<p>Just to close the loop on this - it doesn't look like it was a site-wide problem, thankfully. In my case, it was only happening in Chrome (Safari and Firefox were fine). After my browsing history was cleared, all was well. To do this, you'd simply go up to the top right where the three horizontal lines are. Click <strong>Tools > Clear Browsing Data</strong> and then uncheck the boxes except for <strong>Cached Images and Files</strong>. </p>

<p>Safary is not right also. I can't remove a folder, and if I removing individual images, after 5 or 6 image I get a message; "SERVER ERROR . . . . . . . " or " 502 BAD GATEWAY . . . . . . . . ." 503, 504, ETC.<br>

The same thing happen, when I view my images, after 5-7 image, and the PN completely looking me out. Even if I quit PN and Safary, come back, I'm unable to get to the PN page, for 1/2 hour.<br>

I tried the suggestion of the 503 problem downloadable from PN, it didn't help. I like to remove all of the images from my PN site and quit PN all together.<br>

All the other photo sits and any internet site has no problem at all. Computer checked for bug, no bug detected. MAC OS-X 10.5.8</p>

<p>Dick - did Chrome fail in general or just photo.net? My issue yesterday was with Chrome in general - it actually wasn't specific to pnet.<br /><br />Pnina - you don't see the "contribute to critique" at the bottom? When I click your link, I see it. </p>

<p>Pnina, do you mean that on the page of your photo, there is no comment box for you to add a comment in? Or there is a box, but when you try to make a comment and hit confirm, you're getting an error message? Or is it something else? Is it only on your own photo or is on the photos of other members as well? You made a comment on my photo yesterday, so you can still comment some of the time. Is it only on your own that you can't comment? I feel badly for you that you have to work so hard to describe this in English and I know it is not easy, but it's important that you be very clear and detailed, so you can get help with your problem</p>

<p>Some people have not been able to comment on their own work because they have accidentally blocked themselves from commenting by hitting the BLOCK button next to one of their own posts. I wonder if that could be the problem. The only way I know to UNBLOCK yourself if you've been blocked by yourself is to go to one of your photo pages and BLOCK someone else (this will only be temporary). When you BLOCK them, you will get a page showing a list of all people you've blocked. If you're on that list, just hit the UNBLOCK link next to your name and you'll be OK. Remember to also UNBLOCK whoever you just BLOCKED.</p>

<p>If anyone knows a better to way to access your BLOCKED list, please say so. This method of unblocking and accessing the list seems ridiculous, but it's the only way I've found.</p>

<p>If I understand correctly, the photo you referenced in your post above is not a photo of yours and posting it instead of just linking to it is in violation of the terms of the site. I wonder if that might have something to do with the problems you're experiencing.</p>

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

<p>Fred,thanks a lot !</p>

<p>Pnina, do you mean that on the page of your photo, <strong>there is no comment box for you to add a comment in?</strong><br /> Fred,this is exactly my problem! and it is in all of them, not only the last ones! and I have not blocked anyone...<br /> ,<br /> I do wonder why site help is not giving me any answer i have written to Cara(she has sent me ,that<br /> she is going to the technicals of PN...)) to Glenne,and I think even to Jin!<br /> no answer really till now.</p>

<p>Do you have any solution?</p>

Fred, thanks,at least it is an answer...!I don't remeber blocking anyone purposly,but I think if Idid it as a mistake unknowingly. it is not very hard for admin to check it in the data, and let me have an answer.

Fred as I wrote before, PN admin in the past, did not know to keep many of the best photographers,which left PN to other sites. I have had some expectation of the last one...I have written to Cara and to Glenn,which did not even answer.You cannot even know how many members wrote me a personal email when my photo was chosen of POW, telling me it is a long time deserved,and late to arrive...(they probably did not want to write it in the open..)

In october I have to renew ...my membership... I think it is high time to take a decision.

<p>Pnina, you also continued to post about your PN problem, so I simply wondered if you'd taken the 30 seconds necessary to see if you'd blocked yourself. It may or may not be a solution for you. I thought it was important to you, since you continued to ask for assistance. I was just trying to help. In no way does that minimize what you're facing at home. I won't offer any more suggestions and won't address the issue again. Good luck with PN and, more importantly, I wish you peace!</p>

Fred, I think I have found the blocking! it looks like the exhibition PR blocked somethingt.. it is past

midnight here so I will look at it tommorow.

Fred, you are always a good friend and helping when really needed! It is a very hard time we are passing, so please your help is always very much on time when needed,so please don't stop!

Fred, two subject .how come PN took out the first photo that I have uploaded?

I don't know the name but there is a name! and a sign( on the lower RHS) that looks like an news agency !

The photos are circling in Israeli mails.I think it is an ABUSE of my fiels!

as I'm a member of the Israeli artist association, we have a juridcal advice and help,, if PN administration will not bring back the photo I will go for a juridical advice!

we are fighting for our life, after 14 years that the people in south of the country are living from red allert to another one! 3 innocent young men that were murdered, just because they were Israelis, let alone the missils to the soute and even to TelAviv, and Jerusalem, and even today about 90 missles to the country.

If management is aware of the news, there are 13 dead soldiers, and Hamas tried hijacking the dead bodies....

The second subject is the NO answer about my problem in writing comments (and I'm a paying member) !

I tried your advice, Fred, to see if I did block someone I have found that the link of the PR for the exhibition has several blocks. I have deleted the whole file.. but it did not help!

Fred, your advice is needed ,. I have written you yesterday

but it came back twice.Can you send me your email again?

<p>Pnina, I have no further advice for you. It will be up to the technicians or administrators to help you. I gave it my best shot but have no other suggestions. </p>

<p>As to why the photo you uploaded was deleted, again, I'm not an administrator but I have read the terms of agreement of PN, which we are reminded about often in the forums. We may only upload photos that are our own or that belong to other PN members that we've worked on in order to help them. We may link to other photos but we may not upload them. It is a standing rule, applies to everyone, and is enforced consistently.</p>

Fred, I have answered you a long answer yesterday night starting. with the sentence :I'm a photographer more than 20 years and know all the rulles,. explaining why I did this unusual step., But somehow it does not show.!

As far as I remember it was uploaded here, but it does not show.....?.

<p>It is not in your workspace. It is on the critique page of any of your own photos. You must block someone (temporarily), by clicking the BLOCK link next to their name. (You can temporarily block yourself if it's one of your photos that you've already commented on.) When you BLOCK yourself or someone else, you will immediately be taken to a page which is a list of people you've blocked. You will then see if YOU are on that list. When that list is in front of you, you can UNBLOCK yourself and anyone else who is blocked.</p>

<p>As I said, this may not be the issue at all. But it's an easy start just to make sure you didn't accidentally block yourself. If it turns out that you haven't blocked yourself, you would need the help of administration to fix it. I wouldn't know what else to suggest.</p>

<p>Is it happening on all of your photos that you get no comment box? Or is it just a particular one?</p>

Fred, I have looked at my follders, and that what I was doing in the beginin of the block change.

When I wrote a coment,I have unlocked the block. later on I have undestood that it is only a possibility and stopped.So, Idid not blocked myself..

The problem is in all my filles,so I think it belongs to admin, and untill now not a word of any of them.... let alone a solution.

Fred,thanks for your help! there are some new comments on my last one,Iope I will do it later on today/or tomorow. I hope I can send you my answers , and you will upload them for me?

thanks again.