Photo.net member Yuri Bonder has passed away...

I was alerted via email to this page on Yuri Bonder's Photodom website:

http://www.photodom.com/photo/758689

While I don't speak the language, it would appear that Yuri has passed away.

Yuri was an active photo.net participant and we are always sad to hear of the

death of anyone involved with the site.

http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=482452

[Please note that Yuri's images were often of nudes. Take care when clicking on either link if you are sensitive to that sort of thing]

Yuri was a very talented photographer and interesting fellow. I'll always remember him from one of photo.net's more colorful eras! (And I say that with absolute sincerity - it was really a fascinating time to be a photo.net member.) Two of his photos were selected as Photo of the Week in 2002, which can be found via the POW page and using his name as a search term.

to be a photographer,is to let the world see your world,the way you view people,places,and things.to his family and friends they will always see the world the way he viewed it,through his eyes.all photographers leave behind thier vision.many years from now his family will be able to share his world even with the ones who have not came to us just yet.

Well said. And Yuri had enough fans to keep his legacy going. His photography introduced me to a style that seems to represent a uniquely Eastern European and Russian (please forgive my generalizations) view of the world, both beautiful and sad, grotesque, humorous and loving of the unusual. I admire it because I can't see the world that way through my lens.

Yuri is an Israeli ( immigrated from Russia) photographer, talented and a very nice man, we worked togther before, and as Lex said he was very active in the niceest era of PN. It is a loss to the world of photography, as he died very young at the age of 41 years.

All his friends are in a state of great sadness.

I heard first hand from a common friend, Igor. I personally known him, and we spend a

couple of time to gather. He vas a big Russian fellow, a happy, and friendly guy, helpful if

you needed, easy going, lots of friends. His photography is a special category, not everybody's cup of tee. He was a good photographer, and a good fellow. To tragic, in the

prime age, at a 41st birthday. it is tragic.

What a shock! Yuri is on my list of favorite on this site and has been for almost as long as i've been a member of this community. Some of his photos were controversial but he was extremely talented, and his images were always thought provoking. He will be missed.

I hadn't noticed his work before but it is a very impressive portfolio. It's sad that you're probably right about the "shock" effect of a nude body. Controversy? where?

Sad to see such a talent taken away in his prime.