NPPA reports NFL requiring all photographers wear Canon and Reebok Branded Red Vests

<a href="http://www.nppa.org/news_and_events/news/2007/07/nfl01.html">http://www.nppa.org/

news_and_events/news/2007/07/nfl01.html</a>

<p>

According to an article posted on the National Press Photographers Association website by Donald R.

Winslow of News Photographer magazine, this coming season the NFL will require all photographers to

wear red vests with brand logos. This has raised some concern among media outlets and

photographers.</p>

All photographers we be required to use Canon cameras and wear Reebok shoes. A non-

Canon camera can be used if the logo is taped over with the Canon logo. The same applies

to non Reebok shoes, just tape over adidas and Nike. Also if by chance the photographer is

using film only Fuji is allowed. Camera bags will be checked.

I would extend the mandatory logo'ed red vest to all photographers.

A Constitutional Amendment might be in order.

How are we to know who a photographer is is he's not in red?

I was thinking . . . green vests for videographers, blue for sketch

artists and a polka-dot arrangement for media people. All with Canon logos of course.

Didn't Europe go through phases like this during the Middle Ages,

and more recently during the 1940's. I don't reckon that it improved

things all that much though it is true that eveyone knew his place.

And now with the aid of these vests, photographers will too.

Since ethical photojournalists will refuse to wear these clown suits, might this be an attempt by the NFL to replace the working press with staff shooters and thus own all rights to all images shot professionally at the games?

Only major=league baseball has an antitrust exemption. It's the one and only business that's exempt. But what that has to do with red vests, I have no clue. They run the stadium and can clearly tell you what to wear if you want in.

• 2 weeks later...