Nikon Wednesday 2018: #24

Matt Laur

Important:
please keep your image under 1000 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and
please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb
. Note that
this includes photos hosted off-site
(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you
new to this thread?
The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are
:
. This forum's moderators are allowing up to three Nikon Wednesday images per week, so share some work!

Alas! Way too much other stuff going on over the last week to even pick up a camera for fun or work. So, I'm traveling to a folder of travel shots, and thought I'd see if perhaps Italy would have something worth revisiting. And that brings me to this road-side image taken as we traveled up an endless series of switchbacks out of the plains of Venetto and up into the Dolomites and lunch in the Alpine town of Asiago, from whence the cheese of that name. It was a foggy, socked-in day, but I had to record it because when you live in a swamp area like I do, this is pretty exotic stuff!

So a good Nikon Wednesday to all, and let's see what you just shot, or what you just remembered you shot some years ago. Go!

dolomites.thumb.jpg.0f9514d7ed63c678efff932b747564c7.jpg

• Like 5

Nickens: I've literally just been tempted to order an IR-converted D90 (because it has live view, so I can stick an 850nm filter on the front if I want) by a discussion in the beginner forum. You've persuaded me I've done the right thing; next week!

Heimbrandt: Lovely capture - small birds are awkward.

Still triaging my options for this week!

Right - it's still nearly Wednesday somewhere in the Pacific. Coolpix A. I've been trying to train myself into street photography (outside my comfort zone and all that), but I've not yet found anything of people worth sharing - either because I've not been doing it enough or because I fundamentally hate people. Here's some nice colour contrast on a street, though.

HotAndCold.thumb.jpg.be410087ea0fe5078ee306fa17cd0e1a.jpg

• Like 1