Nikon N90 Half press to focus accidentally clicks

sajid_saiyed

Hi,

This might sound like a stupid question, but I am really looking for some advise here :D

Recently I have started shooting film and purchased Nikon N90.

One thing I noticed with N90 is that the half press to focus is so sensitive that many a times it accidentally clicks the picture instead of focusing. I have been a long time D600 user and I am used to focusing using half press, but I don't get that many accidental clicks.

So I wanted to know if this is how it is supposed to be and I need to be really careful?

or

It is something I am doing wrong here.

On my F90, same camera, I don't have that problem and it works the same as on my digital camera's.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I might be just not lifting my finger enough and trying to half press constantly like i do on my DSLR. They both have different tolerance, so my muscle memory might be the problem.

My F801S is also a bit too "trigger Happy", wj\hat works for me is a MR-3 release button on the 10-pin connector ( at the left side of the lensmount). , the MR-3 was not made for this purpose but it works for me since it is much less sensitive than the standard shutter release. Oké i need th trigger the shutter with my left hand , but it works for me. It also is usefull for vertical shots as an extra shutter button, and it also fits the shor remote trigger AR-4 if i want to do macro perfectly ( also works on my D500 and i guess any other camera with a 10 pin connector like the N90 / F90)

My F801S is also a bit too "trigger Happy", wj\hat works for me is a MR-3 release button on the 10-pin connector ( at the left side of the lensmount). , the MR-3 was not made for this purpose but it works for me since it is much less sensitive than the standard shutter release. Oké i need th trigger the shutter with my left hand , but it works for me. It also is usefull for vertical shots as an extra shutter button, and it also fits the shor remote trigger AR-4 if i want to do macro perfectly ( also works on my D500 and i guess any other camera with a 10 pin connector like the N90 / F90)

Srry, the MR-3 release is connected through the AR-4 short cable connector, but this combo works perfectly for me.

It was some time ago since i used this, hence the mistake..

FEEL

Camera shutter releases feel different between brands and sometimes between models.

Some cameras have a harder to detect half press feel.

And as RJ said, all bets are off with old gear.

Does it even have a "half press" option.