Nikon Coolscan 5000 ed SA-21

<p>Hi, I am getting a wite band on top of of photos scanned with the SA-21 strip-film adapter, see the arrow on the photo below, and there is a band of the same size missing at the bottom. Could it be the SA-21, or is it the machine itself?<br /> Thanks in advance<br>

oups white on white is not obvious, see the image on the next post</p>

<p>Thank you for your answer, however I would not rate that 100% normal. At least for two reasons: (1) the picture was 100% included when the scanner was new, and this ~misalignment has been increasing in size last year, and (2) such a poor design would not be compatible with Nikon (yes I know that sometimes... but not that bad).</p>

<p>Just to be sure it is not a function of the negatives, reverse the strip end-for-end and scan the same frame again. Is the missing white strip now at the subjects head or at his waist?</p>

<p>Have you cleaned the SA-21 per the manual? See pages 54-55 in the User's Manual</p>

<p>Last thought, have you checked your settings in Nikon Scan? You might try opening Nikon Scan the selecting SCANNER > SETTINGS > RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS and see if that helps. </p>

<p>"Just to be sure it is not a function of the negatives, reverse the strip end-for-end and scan the same frame again. Is the missing white strip now at the subjects head or at his waist?"<br>

done, the missing stripe is still at the same place, so not a negative problem<br>

"Have you cleaned the SA-21 per the manual? See pages 54-55 in the User's Manual"<br>

done, no dust, nothing looking abnormal, not much room for misalignment...<br>

"Last thought, have you checked your settings in Nikon Scan? "<br>

done, well, that was it. Playing with the output restaures the full size of the image. I still dont totally understand how this parameters windows works, and why it seems to have drifted with time with the SA-21. So far I have been using only to settings: the SA-21 for entire rolls with a 1000x645p output, and the manual FH-3 for individual & serious scans.<br>

Brooks, thanks a lot for your help,</p>